About the company:
Our client is a leader in the railway infrastructure sector partnering with a diverse range of operators across Australia. It operates from two specialist facilities in Mackay, QLD and Bathurst NSW producing specialist rail components, turnout technology, switches and crossing design services for the rail, metro, light rail and heavy haul sectors. The business forms part of a global, market leading steel-based technology and capital goods group operating in more than 50 countries. Focused on innovation, efficiency, safety and adding value to its stakeholders an opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, results driven Mechanical Design Engineer to join the business.
About the role:
This is an outstanding opportunity for a passionate, self-motivated individual who thrives in a creative environment. Based in either Mackay or Bathurst you will be part of an experienced team to provide engineering and technical expertise to production, manufacturing, sales and logistics departments.
After your training and development period you will begin with designing turnouts and components for railway infrastructure and in addition be involved in the development of drawings, part lists, details, checking specifications and tender documents and the verification of production drawings and bills of materials. Also, within the reporting structure you will be involved in the development of high technology products suited to Australian conditions. This role will provide room for advancement into specialties typical of the mechanical engineering field.
- Processing of project orders and estimates
- Provide engineering drawings, production drawings, engineering parts lists and assembly details as required for estimating production and purchasing
- Provide design and technical expertise to meet contractual requirements for the design of permanent way materials and drawings
- Preparation of bill of materials and part numbers to meet manufacturing requirements
- Be associated with checking of specifications and tender documents and verifying of production drawings and bills of material
- Utilise CAD software to design turnouts and components from complete layouts to manufacturing drawings
- Development of improved drawings, parts lists and details associated with the manufacture of rail component products
- Apply kinematic and geometric principles to determine layout geometries
- Apply material strengths principles to determine dimensions of turnout components
Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering / Bachelor of Technology
- Demonstrated industry experience (3 – 5 years)
- Practical CAD (ideally SolidWorks) experience would be highly regarded
- Proficiency in MS Office as well as MRP systems
- Excellent time management skills
- High level communication skills – written and verbal
- High level of conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
Workshop and/or railway experience would be beneficial but not essential
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a global organisation and drive your mechanical design career to the next level.
Please apply via the “I’m Interested” button or online at www.beilbydt.com.au quoting job reference 46700. For initial enquiries or assistance with your application, please contact Nick Novak or Stuart Chandler on (02) 9256 7000.