Our client is a leading supplier of signalling, diagnostic and monitoring technologies for railway infrastructure, supplying products and services to the rail, metro, light rail and heavy haul sectors. It forms part of a global market leading railway systems, steel-based technology and capital goods groups operating in more than 50 countries. Focused on innovation, efficiency, safety and adding value to its stakeholders an opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, results driven Technical Sales Engineer to join the business.
Working as part of a multi-functional team in Australia the Technical Sales Engineer will report directly to the Australian based Senior Vice President and functionally to the European based Vice President Sales. Key objectives for the role will be to undertake business development and sales activity in order to expand market share and grow revenues through technical solution selling and to be the main sales contact and customer manager for the business across Australia and New Zealand.
Specific requirements of the role will be to:
- Act as the key point of contact for technical sales opportunities
- Proactively contact customers to build relationships and awareness of client product capabilities
- Liaise with Europe based departments as required to support issue resolution
- Manage customer issues through provision of 2nd level product technical support
- Support EU based Project Management team as local customer liaison
- Ensure all customer issues are dealt with in a professional and timely manner
- Assist with the generation of tenders and service proposals
- Liaise with associated group companies and resources as required
- Organise and moderate user group meetings
- Attend trade shows both nationally and internationally
- Generate industry and market intelligence including competitive analysis
Experience and Background:
- Experience of working directly with customers in either a service, support or delivery capacity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high regard for exceptional customer service
- Bachelor or higher-level qualifications in a relevant/related Engineering discipline or Systems Engineering is essential.
- Experience in a Rail Signalling, diagnostics and monitoring technologies an advantage.
- The ability to work autonomously and to timeframes with a high degree of organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills with a self-motivated and proactive approach.
- Able to develop new skills/capabilities to compliment a multi-disciplined project team with a high degree of adaptability and willingness to learn.
- Advanced verbal and written communication to be able to present results to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Advanced Microsoft applications knowledge and relevant modelling and analysis software.
This opportunity offers a rare combination of career challenge and opportunity for a highly customer centric and engineering focused technical sales professional. Join a company that fosters a culture of ownership and accountability, encourages teamwork and lateral thinking, and has a constant focus on delivering the best outcomes to its clients and the business throughout the world.
A competitive compensation package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please apply via the “I’m Interested” button or online at www.beilbydt.com.au quoting job reference 46630. For initial enquiries or assistance with your application, please contact Stuart Chandler on (02) 9256 7000.