Business Development Manager
QLD Based position
Entrepreneurial and autonomous role
Leading edge products and solutions
Established in Perth for over 20 years our client is a leading supplier of industrial valves to the WA mining, industrial, oil & gas and marine industries. WA owned and operated they supply leading brands to customers state wide. With a long serving, in-house technical team and a wide inventory of products in stock, they pride themselves in their ability to service their clients in quality, service and speed to market. Recently under new ownership, and as part of planned growth, they are expanding their footprint into the QLD market and are recruiting for a Business Development Manager.
As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for driving new business/sales for the company. This will range from individual orders, supply agreements and the promotion of products at project tender stage. Responsibilities include:
- New business development and expansion of existing services within the above listed areas.
- “Hunter” approach generating new business through networking, cold calling, marketing and following up leads
- Maintains knowledge of day to day market developments and accurately assesses the opportunities provided.
- Plans the development strategy to produce penetration of the company's product and/or services into appropriate market segments.
- Liaise with Consultant and EPC technical and engineering teams giving thorough explanation of products and benefits.
- Establish sales objectives, forecasts, budgets and policies within the context of the business plan.
- Liaise with management to ensure marketing meets the business development requirement
The successful candidate will ideally have come from a similar industry in either Valves/Pumps/Hoses with a proven track record of successfully growing revenue within an organization. You will demonstrate:
- Technical sales experience within the industrial valve market; advantageous
- Existing networks and experience selling into mining industry in QLD; EPCs, Mining companies.
- Ability to converse on technical aspects of products/sales
- Exposure to mining and minerals processing and mechanical systems
- Proven track record in a similar position preferably servicing the mining industry
- Ability to research and map the market place to create business development plans and develop new sales and clients
- Experience in stand-alone, autonomous position
This position would suit someone with a solid network in QLD or someone looking to return to QLD and reconnect.
In return a salary of $100,000 - $110,000 is offered, though may be negotiated for exceptional candidates, plus superannuation, company vehicle, phone and lap top. Travel is required as part of the role on an ad hoc basis and will include regional travel within QLD.
This is an opportunity to undertake an entrepreneurial, autonomous role with in a business as they embark in a new chapter.
Please apply by clicking the I'm Interested button. For initial enquiries or for any assistance you may need in making your application please contact Sharon Justo at email@example.com. Please do not apply via email; your applications are more likely to be lost in my inbox than via the correct channels.