The office of the Electoral Commissioner (Commissioner), Western Australian Electoral Commission (Commission) is established by the Electoral Act 1907. The Commissioner is the chief executive officer of the Commission.
As Commissioner, you will lead a high-performing organisation, responsible for a range of matters which encompass the support and conduct of State Parliamentary elections and referenda, local government elections and other statutory and
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- possess a demonstrated track record of strong leadership, innovation and influence. This includes the ability to achieve results, act decisively, and recognise and harness diversity and differing points of view.
- be able to demonstrate a proven record of building and sustaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders and have exemplary personal integrity and high ethical standards.
- have strong leadership in civic engagement, and the skills to facilitate change management. As Commissioner, you will lead reform endeavours, a transition to contemporary electoral practices, and an increase in electoral participation of marginalised groups.
This is a fixed term position for a period of up to five years and an attractive remuneration package is available.
How to apply
The position description and applicant guide is available at the WA Jobs Board at www.jobs.wa.gov.au.
Your application must include a:
- current curriculum vitae detailing your experience, skills and achievements relevant to the office and including the details of two referees
- brief statement addressing the selection criteria (the CEO Success Profile) included in the Position Description demonstrating your suitability for the position.
To submit your application, please click the 'I'm Interested' button and attach your CV and response to the selection criteria.
For a confidential discussion regarding the position or queries relating to the process, please contact Nick Verkerk, Executive Director, Beilby Downing Teal on 0403 457 363.
Applications close at 4pm (WST) Monday 16 September 2019.