Our client is one of Australia's largest specialist retailers with strong business interests in Franchising, Vending, Property Investment and IT. Based in Upper Coomera on the Gold Coast, this innovative company is currently seeking an experienced Finance Accountant.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller; this key role will play a hands-on role with day to day Accounting and operations of the finance function, Financial Accounting & Reporting and Compliance which includes the monthly management/board financial statements preparation and statutory accounting, cash flow, audit requirements, internal controls, and statutory compliance.
Duties will include the following: -
- Maintaining the integrity of the GL, assist with the delivery of financial, statutory and tax reporting including EOM/ year end reporting procedures for multiple entities
- General Ledger, Bank reconciliations, rebates and payments
- Assist with daily Cashflow management, preparation of budgets, forecasts, variance and sensitivity analysis
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting obligations, activity statements, BAS, Income Tax
- Assist with maintaining an adequate internal control structure and procedures for financial reporting/business processes;
- Liaising with external stakeholders including Auditors
- Providing various financial analysis and ad hoc reporting as required
The ideal candidate would possess the following credentials and skills:
- Degree in Accounting
- CA/CPA qualified or working towards certification
- Navision/Great Plains/ ERP (Microsoft) or equivalent,
- Strong technical accounting skills, proficiency with MS Excel
- 3-5 years' experience in FMCG & retail industries
Please apply via the "I'm Interested" button or call Sharon Justo on 0439 537 041 for more information about this role.