The Port of Newcastle is seeking to employ an experienced Business Development Manager who will be responsible for generating new sales property revenue growth. Reporting to the Senior Manager Commercial and Property, key activities for this newly created role include management of Port of Newcastle’s day-to-day property development activities, property relationships and contract administration, providing significant input into setting property strategy, forecasts and budgets. This role is responsible for delivering on the trade strategic programs on behalf of the Senior Manager Commercial and Property, including developing detailed business plans, managing risk and delivering against critical timelines. It is a highly visible, customer facing and interactive role that requires a high level of leadership, communication and influencing skills.
The Port of Newcastle is Australia’s third largest port by trade volumes with over 4,700 shipping movements per year and nearly 167 million tonnes of trade. Recognised globally as the world’s leading coal export port, Port of Newcastle is part of the pit to port supply chain. In addition to the 161 million tonnes of coal exported per year, Port of Newcastle also handles a diverse range of 25 cargoes including bulk liquids, dry bulk, break bulk, project, cruise ship passengers and containers. Port of Newcastle has a property portfolio in excess of 700 hectares and many competitive advantages including excellent heavy rail access and a deep-water channel. As the Business Development Manager – Property you will play a key role in leveraging that to increase trade and deliver new opportunities to Newcastle and the surrounding region.
You will have
- Significant experience in property development, including the structuring of projects, securing tenants and maximising revenues
- Demonstrated sales experience in delivering on budget targets and growing business revenues
- Well-developed strategic, conceptual and analytical skills (including data modelling, forecasting and scenario analysis)
- Strong oral skills including demonstrated experience in communicating on diverse issues with equally diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills including demonstrated experience in developing and writing policy documents and submissions.
- Good liaison, negotiation and interpersonal skills and an ability to deal effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines.
Tertiary qualifications (or equivalent) in business or another a relevant discipline
As the preferred candidate you will have demonstrated experience in selling a product or service into diverse customers, with a consultative, solution-oriented sales approach. You will readily demonstrate a successful track record in proactively growing sales pipelines and delivering results, and the ability to adapt in a fast changing work environment. You are a proactive, self-motivated learner with a growth mindset and a passion for the property industry.
In return, you will gain exposure to some of Australia's leading players in trade; be a part of the future landscape in Newcastle; and be financially rewarded for your successes.
The role is Newcastle based and a competitive salary package and employment conditions will be offered.
Please apply via the "I'm Interested" button. If you would like more information, please contact David Gallagher or Laura Ross on 02 40440 4000 for a confidential discussion.
Only direct applications will be considered.