This organisation is dedicated to the design, manufacture and distribution of Transportation Equipment for Australian transport logistics partners. With Company offices based throughout Australia, as well as an extensive distributor and agent network, their dedicated and professional team are committed to providing the best possible supply solution for any transportation equipment needs. They provide global customers with a wide range of special-purpose vehicles and key auto parts and their products cover areas including containers, vehicles, energy, chemical and food equipment, offshore, logistics services and airport facilities but more specifically in Australia relating to standard spec. semi-trailers.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this hands-on Quality role will be charged with:
- Ensuring all aspects of quality assurance and controls are implemented and maintained in the production area
- Performing random checks of grading integrity, waste, coding and traceability to ensure product is to specification
- Reading and interpreting drawings
- Conducting daily quality audit of production parts and processes
- Highlighting and/or escalating any quality issues to management
- Liaising with the production managers and shop floor personnel on all quality issues
- Liaising and managing internal and external corrective action reports
- Modifying and/or creating process documentation
- Driving continuous improvement through all processes
- Previous quality control experience within the manufacturing / truck / trailer industry
- Thorough understanding of measurement and reporting methodology and principles
- High attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy required
- Hands on and practical working approach required
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Committed with an excellent work ethic
- Proficient with suite of Microsoft products – including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
An excellent remuneration package and all the tools to succeed in the position will be provided for the successful candidate.
Please apply by clicking the "I'm Interested'' button. For initial enquiries or for any assistance you may need in making your application, please call Bob Milgate on (03) 8842 1663.