Our client is a respected and regionally dominant gold producer, managing a portfolio of gold mines in North Sulawesi, Indonesia. The ongoing expansion of projects have led to the company requiring an experienced and senior Project Manager.
Reporting to the General Manager and with support of competent experienced professionals and employees, you will oversee the optimisation of the recently expanded processing plant together with other infrastructure projects scheduled for the short and long term. Through your application of proven techniques, processes and systems you will ensure tasks are completed on time and on budget using effective communication, organisational and administrative skills, while having enthusiasm, self-motivation and a passion to succeed. This is a 12 month contract initially, with the opportunity for extension.
Main Duties and Accountabilities:
- Project Management of processing optimisation project
- Manage, control and approve works to achieve project schedule, budget, safety targets and meet stakeholders’ expectations
- Evaluate status of project cost, schedule and productivity performance
- Responsible for quality assurance and quality control
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and statutory requirements
- Analyse and implement cost reduction initiatives
You will be required to demonstrate:
- Ownership of the project
- An ability to deliver transparent and commercial solutions
- Ability to manage project costs
- Ability to schedule labour
- Ability to identify potential hazards and minimise risks
- Strong leadership skills
- Problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
Experience and Knowledge:
- Extensive experience of project management at a senior level
- Strong mineral processing knowledge
- Gold mining experience
- Experience in Indonesia and an ability to understand rudimentary Bahasa is desirable
- Experience in the management of contracts and contractor supplied resources
- Ability to read construction specifications and drawings
- Minimum requirement is a Diploma or Degree in a suitable engineering discipline
In return, a competitive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate, together with the opportunity to join this company at an exciting time.
Please apply by clicking the 'I'm Interested' button. For initial enquiries or for any assistance you may need in making your application please contact Emily Bulloch email@example.com or Nick Verkerk firstname.lastname@example.org.