Western Australian Treasury Corporation (WATC) is the central financial services provider for the Western Australian public sector. Their principal activities include funding and debt management, asset and investment management, financial advisory services, financial risk management and treasury management services and systems. WATC’s activities enable the State to finance significant projects such as the recent Perth Stadium and Elizabeth Quay.
With a workforce of approximately 70 employees, the organisation is looking to employ individuals who embrace similar core values of integrity, partnership, excellence and commitment.
About The Role:
This role provides specialist financial risk management, financial modelling, and corporate finance advice to the WA public sector on a range of projects including some of the State’s largest proposed initiatives and transactions.
Working in a dynamic team, you will work with clients in the analysis and evaluation of investment and divestment decisions and assisting with financial procurement decisions. Duties include:
- developing and maintaining complex integrated financial models
- conducting rigorous and considered financial analysis for client engagements
- assisting with research and analysis for client engagements, including capital investment decisions, alternative financing structures, divestment decisions and financial valuations
- developing and implementing financial risk management strategies in line with client requirements
- assisting with the preparation of proposal papers and final presentations
- liaising with clients to understand their financial issues, developing and presenting effective solutions tailored to their needs
Offering a stimulating mix of complex financial modelling and client relationship management, this role is ideally suited to someone with a keen eye for detail and a passion for both analysis and client engagement.
WATC is seeking an individual with a combination of the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- tertiary qualifications in finance, or a related discipline;
- experience in an advisory services environment;
- strong financial modelling skills;
- creative problem solving and analytical skills;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills within a client relationship context;
- a high level of intellectual curiosity; and
- a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude to work.
WATC is an EEO employer, embracing equity and diversity of all kinds and is committed to supporting women in STEM and Trades. All applicants are treated with fairness and respect.
For Further Information:
For further information please contact Denise Wetherall, Beilby Recruitment on (08) 9323 8888 or email email@example.com for a Briefing Pack and Duty Statement.
How to apply:
Please apply online at www.beilby.com.au quoting reference number 44519.
Candidates must possess Australian Residency or Australian Citizenship to be eligible to apply.
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are submitted, so prompt applications are encouraged.